Sunday, August 28, 2016

Great first week at Roscomare

What I great week I had! We had chance to try out the new Orff Instrumentarium with fifth grade, had lots of fun developing music and movement pieces around tongue twisters in third and fourth, and played around with a bunch of a singing, moving and playing ideas in the other grades. Along the way everybody went out of their way to make me feel welcome, and I could not be happier to have landed here. This week we will be adding the after school music ensembles -- Found Sound Story Theater on Mondays and Chorus on Tuesday. I was sorry to say that we did not get the minimum we needed to do world music ensemble made up of the Orff instruments seen here. But I am hopeful that by the time the time new after school class cycle resets in November, enough of you will have gotten hooked on what these wonderful instruments can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment